I've been at home for a few days because of a bit of gastric trouble, which has meant no golf and a bit of time to do other things. In between developing an update to my daughter's web site I've managed to finish the first phase of the photo galleries pages here at Kilburnlad. I had shown placeholders for some of the categories but these have now gone. There is one further task outstanding, which is to add photographs from our visits to France in 2012 and 2014, but for now I'm going to have a bit of respite from what is quite a laborious exercise.
I've been working quite hard on the photography galleries over the past week and have today published the latest updates. When I embarked on this exercise I didn't realise how long it would take to review my archives, or how difficult it would be to choose a representative selection for each gallery. Even deciding what galleries to create was quite a challenge. I think I have now formulated the final layout, although a number of the galleries are at this stage shown simply with place markers while I assimilate and process the content.
I've tried to make the presentation as flexible as possible. By using warehoused rather than embedded images I have been able to create a Gallery overview page with a thumbnail for each specific gallery, which launches a light box slide show. Below each of these thumbnails are links to either a thumbnail view of the complete gallery, or a narrative page that provides information about the gallery as well as a thumbnail to launch the light box.
This has taken up quite a bit of my time and I must now catch up with some other activities. But over the coming weeks I hope gradually to add more content.