Fishing diary lovingly modernised
My fishing diary is one of the longest standing parts of my website and has not really changed in format since I first started it. I use RapidWeaver to build my sites and while the main application has been updated a number of times over the years, the blog page that facilitated my diary has not been treated to any major changes. These days most serious Weavers don't rely on the base application but enhance it using an add-on named Stacks. This add-on has spawned a cottage industry of different stacks, these also being add-ons that are usually aimed at specific enhancements to the base application. This has brought with it alternative options for blog pages and I have used a stack named Poster to rebuild my diary.
The main advantage is that whereas with the original blog page one could only enter text and embed images or videos, with the Poster stack one can add other special purpose stacks to the page. In my case I have used a gallery stack to present images in a light box. So whereas my original diary had small embedded images, the reworked diary now allows the reader to view larger images by selecting thumbnails.
To get to this point I had to create a totally new server repository of the images, requiring me to go back to the original photographs to create suitably sized versions along with accompanying thumbnails, a labour of love. I then had to build the new blog one post at a time, transferring the text over and configuring links to every photograph and its accompanying thumbnail. Truly a labour of love. But now it's done, so if you want to have a look, feel free.